9.27.2009

BBB = Bicycle Blog Born

Greetings! I just returned from a fabulous 2 hour bicycle ride here in Idaho Falls. It dawned on my feeble brain that a BB would be a good thing to have in this neck of the woods. Yep, a BB is a Bicycle Blog. There probably already is a BB here but I don't know about it. When I find other BB's, I will link them into this blog.

Likewise, I will link just about anything relating to Idaho Falls bicycling to this blog. The Idaho Falls Community Pathways people, for example, are my true heroes and heroines for their steadfast dedication to making this city more bikeable. Helmets off to IFCP!

I'd like to invite qualified cyclists to join this blog. You may not know this but there's a way to allow approved individuals to have full access to the blog so they can post stuff, too. Naturally, I have to be really careful who has that access but, if you are interested, please leave a comment with your email and I will get back with you.

Speaking of comments, any comments rec'd for this blog are moderated. That means they will only appears after I approve them. This prevents spam and nasty things from being said on the blog. Yep, it's sanitized. That's the way it is.

Well, personally, I think this city is close to reaching "critical mass" with bicycles.
The legalization of riding on sidewalks was huge. Now, the combination of the east side Greenbelt extension to Sunnyside with the maze of permutations @ Snake River Landing, as well as the Sunnyride arterial itself have waved a magic wand over this place.

I really don't yet have a clue as to how I am going to organize this blog so that the content is accessible and makes some sense. I suspect I will combine it with Google Sites and Google Doc's so that, hopefully, the combination of the 3 will synergize into something usable and effective.

Your suggestions and comments are always welcome. It's a bright future and a good day!

Cheers, Your Idaho Falls Volunteers.

Disclaimer: Please note that this blog is in NO WAY intended to supplant or detract from the IFCP group or their website! This blog will hopefully just be a complimentary, collaborative source for UGC (User-Generated Content) regarding various routes, rides, and so forth. We are 100,000% supportive of IFCP--there's no doubt about that! Hopefully, this blog will simply become a UGC online kiosk. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment